Monday, October 20, 2008

Okay, here goes.......

Well, I have to say, I think it was easier for me to create this blog, than to actually post on it. I have been telling myself that I needed something really good to write. So, that was about two weeks ago. Then , I thought I would just start by explaining the " why" behind my "Show and Tell " title. I spent weeks trying to think of something extremely creative and finally just decided to pick something that was descriptive of my intentions. I suddenly was taken back in my mind and remembered the days of " show and tell". Do you remember them? I remember it being such a fun day at school and I think all kids look forward to it. I can remember my own kids on " show and tell" days. I know that most of those moments probably weren't extremely exciting or life changing for the audience. However, it was important to the one sharing. So , here is my explanation and disclaimer. My times of " show and tell" on this blog may not be very life changing for you, as the reader. I definitly know they will not be moments of great wit and laughter. I do not claim to be the witty , very funny one in our family. I do have plenty of those people in my family surrounding me, so maybe I just don't try and compete in this area. My posts that make you laugh or smile will be when I share the fun and laughter that I experience with my family and friends and as I just live life. My thoughts and insights may not be eye opening moments for you to experience . However, if I share them, then they are for me. So, maybe this blog is just for me...to read, to remember, to laugh again, to ponder a little longer. Whatever... it is my " show and tell" . So I will show you those I love and the times we share. I will share with you memories in the making and I will ponder outloud ( or in writing ) the truths and insights that God continues to teach me each day. Now, enough of that. Let "show and tell" begin!

1 comment:

King Family said...

Yay. Welcome to blogger, mom. I am so excited to read the stuff you write and to see how God uses all your years of wisdom and experience to bless others. Let the blogging begin!