Monday, November 24, 2008

Many things to share ..............busy times!

Well, it has been a while since I posted. I started and then life just got crazy busy. Last post , I introduced you to Naomi, our first granddaughter. Since that time, we have welcomed her with a sweet shower given by family and friends. Prior to that, my sweet little grandsons celebrated Halloween and were absolutely adorable! They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but these pictures are priceless! Naomi chose to just go as herself, a little " princess".



Naomi in her party dress!



Staci and Naomi with hostesses...Noelle, Christie, Julie, and Dana.
( Rynthia, we missed you! )


Staci and Naomi with mom, aka Gee...hostess, too.


Staci and Naomi with their MeMa!


Sam , the very strong " Mr. Incredible!


Jude , aka Spiderman, behind that awkward mask!!



Naomi - our Sleeping " beauty" Princess.


Micah- the awesome Mr. Incredible !


Gavin , Buzz Lightyear ..." to infinity and beyond"!


Cash...the cutest elephant EVER!

Next on my agenda was a trip to Austin. Brad and Noelle ( my 3rd child/ first son and his wife ) are expecting their second child the around April 7. They invited me to be with them during their first sonogram. This was a monumental time, since this was the " sex" of child sonogram. Yes, they chose to find out the sex. Drum roll, please.................It is a girl!!! So, soon we will have granddaughter #2. God is so good. Now as to the sonogram. After determining the sex, the technician began a journey of examining every square inch of that sweet little girl. It was just amazing. Each time I get to be a part of such a time, I am more amazed at God's creative hand and I marvel at how wonderful and special that each person is created to be. Naomi, you now have a girl to join you amongst the little boys!
PICTURE COMING SOON!

Lastly, we have had birthdays these past few months! First to celebrate was Sam. He was five years old on September 25. It is so hard to believe that five years have passed since he first enterd our lives. He was the first grandchild and first grandson. Sam, I love you and I am so proud of the five year old boy that you have become. I love your tenderness and affection . I love that you like to still cuddle with me! I love lying next to you in bed and making up stories . I love playing a "concert" with you or just be there to listen.

Happy birthday, Sam! Waking up to balloons is great!

Next on the birthday train was Jude! Jude's could have been overshadowed by Naomi's arrivel. However, we all made sure that that didn't happen. Jude was two years old on October 25. Once, again,time has just flown . Jude, you are just pure joy and happiness ! You make me smile so much . I don't know when I have ever seen a child that just seems to glow with so much joy! I love you so much! I love your smile. I adore your laugh. I love how you will sit and sing Bible songs for so long and not ever be bored. I love your imagination and enthusiasm for life. I love reading to you and singing you songs in the dark. I love when you ask for more!



Happy Birthday, Jude! How could you resist that joyful face?


Last in the birthdays ( until December) is Micah. Micah is our second grandchild. He celebrated his 3rd birthday on November 21. We had a wonderful party with "happy face" pancakes and lots of family and friends. Micah was so excited this year about his birthday. It was the year that it "clicked" and he actually counted down the days! When I would call him and talk about the party, he would just say " Not yet, Gee". Micah, I love you! I love how you get so excited when you see me and how you want to immediatly put your car seat in my car, so that you can be with me where ever I go ! I love that you like to call me and talk to me on the phone for a long time and tell me lots of cool things. I love playing pretend with you , especially " Handy Manny" on your birthday! I love that you are so tender and sweet and talk to me and ask me lots of questions! I love how tight you hug me when you see me!

Happy "3rd" birthday ,Micah! Cupcakes are so yummy!!!


Now it is time to celebrate Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for the family that God has given me. I remember a song that we used to sing at the church where I grew up as a child. It was " Showers of Blessings" . Well, if blessings are like showers, then I am drenched with the blessings and love of my God and Savior. I have am amazing husband, four wonderful children, and six ( almost 7 ) grandchildren. I am blessed to still have my mother and my mother in law. Lastly , God has so enriched my life with unbelievable friends that have shared many roads and stories with me. So, last , but definitely, not least, I love my Lord and say thank you for all you have given me . Thank you for my salvation and for walking beside me every moment of every day. Thank you for loving me and dying for me.My prayer on this Thanksgiving is that my life will reflect Jesus , so that that each of these special people in my life will see Him in all I say or do.

Until after the turkey and thanks.....................many blessings!



1 comment:

The Mama said...

Beautiful pictures, Vickie! Your family looks great & you've already started celebrating like the 'holidaze' early! Have a great Thanksgiving.